Facilitator (fixed-term, part-time)
£31,200 – £35,100 per annum pro rata (depending on location and experience). Average of three days per week (£18,720 – £21,060 per annum). Job share possible. Plus allowance for travel and accommodation
3 September 2018 to 12 July 2019
Our office based in Muswell Hill, North London. The facilitator will be required to work in the office on occasional days for training and office-based work, however as most of the work takes place in locations throughout the UK, the home-base of the facilitator can be anywhere within England or Wales.
We are currently looking for a professional facilitator to lead Relationship and Sex Education (RSE) sessions in secondary schools. The sessions are based upon Ten Ten’s innovative format, Cinema-in- Education™, and will be delivered in predominantly Catholic secondary schools throughout the UK.
We are looking for a dynamic, responsible and outgoing individual who will lead this project with students aged 11-18. This individual will have a passion for teaching RSE from a Christian perspective and will have a particularly sound understanding of Catholic RSE.
He/she will also have experience of working with young people, either in a teaching capacity or a youthwork role. He / should be an engaging presence with young people and be open to share personal testimony if and when it is appropriate.
The facilitator will be required to lead sessions as written by Ten Ten in accordance with our vision but will also be invited to contribute new material. The facilitator will be required to uphold the vision set by Ten Ten, rooted in the wisdom and teaching of the Catholic Church, in all sessions and communication. He/she will also have a good understanding of the language of film and drama, and be able to facilitate guided discussions with large groups of students.
This is a physically demanding role which requires driving long distances in the company vehicle (a small van), loading and unloading the session equipment each day, erecting the cinema-style screen, projector and PA system, and managing all technical aspects of the role. Full training is given.
The facilitator will be expected to stay in overnight accommodation near to the school the night before each session and therefore should expect to work away from home an average of three days per week. Accommodation will either be provided by Ten Ten, or an overnight allowance will be paid.
Given the nature of the work, the facilitator should enjoy meeting and working with new people every day, as well as find comfort in his / her own company whilst on tour.
The facilitator will receive training at our base in North London (N10) and will be expected to attend these training days as and when required. He/she will also be required to work from home on certain days throughout the year undertaking tasks such as maintaining contact with schools, developing new relationships with schools, writing educational resources, undertaking administrative tasks, and creatively writing about the RSE work for articles and marketing resources. Therefore, an ability to write and undertake administration of this nature is required.
This is a key role in the life of Ten Ten and one that the ideal candidate will find enriching and empowering.
- Planning and delivering RSE sessions in secondary schools based on Ten Ten’s cinema-in-education™ platform, in accordance with our vision, rooted in the wisdom and teaching of the Catholic Church;
- Devising and developing new session materials with input and support from the directors;
- Driving the company van (full UK driving licence essential);
- Loading, unloading and setting up all session equipment (eg cinema screen, projector, PA system);
- Working away from home three days per week;
- Reporting to the directors on a daily basis;
- Contacting the school in advance of the visit;
- Undertaking administrative tasks from a home-office base and the main-office base when required;
- Writing teacher resource materials, articles and marketing resources related to the work;
- Maintaining contacts with schools after a visit and developing new relationships through email and telephone communication;
- Contributing to social media communication;
- Undertaking administrative tasks, such as maintaining and updating client details on the company database.
In addition to the salary, the facilitator will also be given:
- Use of the company vehicle for work use only and an appropriate mileage rate to cover fuel for all touring commitments;
- Overnight hotel accommodation for all touring dates or an overnight accommodation fee of £38;
- An additional weekly travel allowance if the first or last booking of the week is more than 150 miles from home;
- A one-off annual clothing allowance.
In the first instance, please contact Clare O’Brien, Director of Ten Ten, to request an application form: email@example.com
The deadline for requesting an application form is Friday 29 June 2018.
The deadline for submitting an application is Monday 2 July 2018.
Interviews will take place w/c 9 July and 16 July 2018.