Love, Honour, Cherish (Year 9 or above)
Part of the RSE Day
Scott and Carly are 16 and they are in love. Then, Scott tells Carly that he wants to take their relationship to the next level and sleep with her. But is this what Carly wants? And is Scott really ‘ready’ like he says he is? As both Scott and Carly spend time apart thinking about their relationship, they encounter two vastly different situations – Scott engages in a dangerous game of ‘sexting’, whilst Carly ponders the place of sex in a relationship whilst at her Mum and Dad’s silver wedding anniversary party. Carly knows deep down that she wants something different, but can she put this into words?
Through this session, students will know that:
- They can choose to put a very high value on the gift of sex.
- Some people choose to delay having sex, and save the gift of sex for marriage.
- Sexting is not meaningless fun – it hurts and uses people.
- There are consequences in posting sexual images through social networks.
- They should not be forced or coerced into any sexual activity that they are not comfortable with.