Year 7 or 8
Year 10 and above
After 10 years of delivering theatre-based RSE sessions, 2017 has seen the launch of a new programme in Relationship and Sex Education for Catholic secondary schools in the UK by Ten Ten.
Our new programme includes:
– A visit by Ten Ten delivering ‘cinema-in-education’ sessions to multiple year groups over the course of one day;
– A follow-up programme of resources for assemblies and classrooms;
– The on-going creation of new, culturally relevant resources which will be periodically released to schools;
– A commitment to developing CPD training for staff and input for parents;
– Links to Catholic Education Service guidelines for a ‘model Catholic Secondary RSE curriculum’.
We want our input to be part of an integrated vision which helps young people to form their relationships with a Gospel-rooted heart.
“Highly-professional, informative, open, honest and completely powerful.”
“It was so powerful because it was their lives, but on the big screen.”
“A very high-quality cinema experience.”
“The students were blown away by the topics that were handled both sensitively and yet honestly by Ten Ten’s cinema experience.”
“Expertly guided by the facilitator which developed into something so beautiful and spiritual.”
What is cinema-in-education?
Ten Ten has pioneered cinema-in-education, a brand new means of bringing values-based stories to young people in a meaningful and powerful way. Our cinema-in-education experience includes:
- compelling, high-calibre movies;
- facilitator-led discussion leading to high levels of engagement;
- presentation on a large ‘cinema-style’ screen creating a memorable experience;
- challenging ideas and values which will lead to personal reflection.
A programme in RSE for Catholic secondary schools
On the day of the visit, you will be given a Ten Ten RSE Resource folder which will contain a wide variety of linked classroom and assembly plans, and will also be the home for new resources that we will create in the future. Related media and other teaching tools can be downloaded from the Ten Ten website. Our resource programme is engaging, simple-to-lead, media-rich, packed with film clips and personal stories, and written with very clear outcomes that will support your wider Catholic RSE programme.
Links to Catholic Education Service guidelines
Our programme links directly to the document, “A model Catholic Secondary RSE curriculum” which was published by the Catholic Education Service in Autumn 2016. As our new resources develop, you will have access to more teaching tools created by Ten Ten which will help you to deliver an integrated, holistic and highly-relevant programme to the young people in your care. Together, we will teach about love and sexual relationships rooted in the Catholic Church’s vision for what it is to be truly human in Christ, and what it means to live well with others.