RSE Resource Folder
When? Given on the day of the visit.
Who? Students who attended the RSE Day.
As part of your RSE Day, you will be given a Ten Ten RSE Resource folder. Our resource programme is engaging, simple-to-lead, media-rich, packed with film clips and personal stories, and written with very clear outcomes that will support the wider RSE programme in your Catholic or Church of England school. The folder contains:
- Assembly resources
- Lesson plan resources
- Links to download multimedia PowerPoint (including film clips, personal testimonies, information guides)
Please note that new resources for “The Trouble with Max” and “Truth and Lies” will be added to this site soon.
The Assembly and Lesson Resources
Year 7 or 8
Seeking and Offering Support
Students will develop skills to help them act sensitively and kindly towards others who are having a difficult time, and they will also know where they can go in the school if they themselves are facing a difficult or harmful social situation.
Looking in the Mirror
– To understand that fitting in can be a challenge for lots of people.
– To appreciate that forming long-lasting friendships takes time and effort.
– To know that Jesus loves us for who we are.
The Gift of Sex
Outcomes: Student will know that many men and women choose to make a gift of themselves in a lifelong, exclusive relationship through the gift of sex.
The Gift of Self
– To understand that you can make a gift of yourself in many ways.
– To appreciate that gifts involve waiting and patience.
– To know that many men and women choose to make a gift of themselves in lifelong exclusive relationships through the gift of sex.
Year 10 + above
Responding to an Unexpected Pregnancy
Students will understand some reasons why it is important to protect life before birth, and they will know better how to respond to an unexpected pregnancy.
Lesson (RE or PSHE):
Safe Sex or Save Sex?
– To learn facts, and expose some myths, about “safe sex”.
– To understand why some people choose to “save sex” for marriage.